Candy and math make a great combination and so does this bundle. Create engagement and encourage practice with big numbers (up to 4 digits). Your Kindergarten and Lower Elementary students can use the price tags to "shop" for their favorite candies, which means lots of practice building quantities with the Golden Beads. When they're ready they can use the shopping lists to practice dynamic addition by adding up the total cost of their trip to the candy store.
The shopping price tags match the items on the shopping lists and prices are represented in Montessori place value colors. The tags and lists are divided into four levels of increasing difficulty. Currency symbols are NOT used so that the tags can be used by anyone in any country. Also note that the prices are not at all realistic as I had to represent a huge variety of numbers.
- 2 PDFs with teacher information (preparation and basic presentation suggestions)
- 1 PDF with 72 candy price tags
- 1 PDF with blackline tags (2 options)
- 1 PDF with 16 different shopping lists
- 1 PDF with blackline shopping lists (2 options)